Friday, December 12, 2008

Argentina !

I am just back from my trip to Argentina! Jewel had to leave the country and re enter for her visa renewal so we all went, even Jackie, because we found out there was a Wal Mart there! We did most of our Christmas shopping there and in the mall across the street.

Paraguay is a nice place, but the shopping in Argentina was better! The food was good too! Especially the dough nuts we found!!!!

I was thrilled to find zip locks. Ok , they were very expensive, about a dollar a piece, but that is what I asked my husband for Christmas. I also found out an online friend is bringing me some from Curacao so, considering we re-use them, I should be set for year or so. That is such a comforting thought. I did not realize I was zip lock dependent!

I am still tired from the bus trip. Wednesday we left at 1 pm and arrived at the hotel around
10 pm. Went to Wal Mart in the morning and the rest of the family went to the Mall while I rested my back in the hotel. Stupid BACK!!! Then we had a nice dinner along the Parana River which made us all miss Ciudad Bolivar and the Paseo along the Orinoco River in Venezuela.

Caught the bus back to AsunciĆ³n at 12:30 am arriving home at 7 am .

I'll tell you later about all the things I saw and the soap opera cell call we had to listen to on the bus! But...I saw a llama! Yes, right on the side of the high way!

I need to get some rest as my back is complaining about the abuse it was given the last two days. Unfortunately, it will take me at least two days to get over it. But sometimes, you just got to live a little! Chronic pain or not, right????

OK! I made all that up! Really, I am a CIA spy and I was sent under cover to discover the where abouts of some very dangerous types. Of course, I had to do all this disguised as middle age gringa wandering through the Wal Mart Super Center! My contact man was a certain 'Paco' in the Chaco with whom I shared a Taco!! Then I was off to the UN to give them my report after which I flew to Israel to share some sensitive intel!!!!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jungle Mom, I wish you were an arms smuggler. Argentine Mausers are highly sought after by collectors, but almost impossible to find now. Most of those in the states were sporterized by morons. Argentina sold a lot of them to neighboring states but ground off the crest which ruined them for collectors. If I went to Argentina, I would bring back a huge load of Mausers hidden under a bunch of sugar cane or whatever! :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope you ate a couple of steaks while you were there. It used to be the biggest bargain in Buenos Aires.

Starla said...

Well glad you had a good trip. I hope your back feels better.

firepig said...

still having great adventures I see.

I travel vicariously.

Thanks, Jm

Do they have chiropractors in Paraguay?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time

Christopher Hamilton
The Right Opinion, for the Right Wing

Brenda said...

how fun! totally worth a couple of days on your back to do that! I always enjoy Corrientes, but I have not been there since the Walmart went in.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I'm glad your CIA mission went well. All the real spies publish the fact that they're spies. It kinda hides the trail. :o]

Wal-Mart. I'm thinking that's a code name for something too LOL!

Betty said...

LOl! Funny! I am dreading the bus trip on Monday too! But I agree, you gotta live a little!
Glad you had a good time shopping.

Findalis said...

I'm glad you had a safe trip and your secret is safe with me and certain people in Jerusalem.

Liz said...

You made me laugh with the 'ziplock dependent'!!

Rest....

Rita Loca said...

firepig, I do have a great chiropractor here. She is Canadian and charges 25 dollars for a full hour!!!!

redneck preacher said...

Hey Mister Hermit,

You had better get your Argentine Mausers now. President BHO is going explanify the 2nd amendment to give the army the right to have guns.

Maybe that CIA Jungle Mom lady can help you.

Mountain Mama said...

I'm glad you found the zip l;ocks. Isn't it amazing the things we become dependent on?
Sorry your back is giving you trouble. I have that problem too so I certainly can sympathize with you. A rice bag and tylemol are the only things that help me. If you don't have a rice bag I highly recommend them.
Shopping can be fun but not with a back ache!

MightyMom said...

Sooooo, you remembered the mascara and eyebrow powder, but forgot the ZIPLOCK BAGS???!!! my goodness!

happiness is a trip to WalMart. aahh, the simple life.

CrimeSceneFairy said...

:D They have a Wal Mart in Argentina? Lucky!!

Tori Leslie said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip!
Walmart? I'm so jealous!

firepig said...

JM,Great.

I think a good chiropractor can help alleviate some of the pain.

Take care

Webutante said...

Oh Wow, do you have pictures of your trip? Do post, if so. Have always wanted to travel in SA.

Anonymous said...

Bet you loaded up on all the Yerba Mate you could fit in your shopping cart! After all, you can't get that easily in Asuncion!

I was in Argentina before the time of Wal-Mart. When I was in Argentina, I was surprised that the small food stores or market stalls usually had better prices than the big supermarkets.

I miss the tomatoes from Argentina. A tomato salad w olive oil and vinegar hits the spot.

Jane said...

I just KNEW you were a spy!!!!
Thanks for sharing your whereabouts with us and I am also glad you were able to get your shopping done.
Now, rest.....all spies need rest now and then!!

Anonymous said...

Red Neck Preacher, the alphabet agencies have to find me first. The mountains are vast, the woods are deep, and I'm a small needle in that haystack. They'll have to burn the forest and sift the ashes to find me.

Unknown said...

Wow! Was that your first trip to Argentina? Were you anywhere near Larry and Ruth?

Sarah Halter said...

Ah, ziplocks. I totally understand. But I'm sure we could send you a big stash from here for less than $1 each. (I'd be happy to, by the way. Let me know if you need more.)